Pages

Wednesday 31 December 2014

The New Year Night



"The New Year Night"





The year is about to end,
Preparing for the new year night,
All of my friends.
Champagne, Red wine, fire-crackers,
All is ready and the countdown,
Is about to begin. 



While, they pour the Red wine
in the round, long glass
And ask me to, "Come and join...”
I moved my face
With a faint smile. 
As I see the blood of
The young buds in the glass
In the the Red wine. 



When they were reaped,
By the sharpest scythe, 
Trampled in sand by
The fiendish guy. 
 How could I enjoy?



The countdown has just begun, 
The fire-crackers decorate the sky; 
Everyone is dancing, singing and enjoying, 
Energy around is very high.
A hand dragged me at this point, 
"Come its new year night."




A tear fell off my eyes,
"I hear you my young boys; 
My eardrum still vibrates
With your helpless cries,
When you were alone
Among those barbarians, 
Begging for life.




Among the roars of the crowd, 
Counting digits in the middle of the night, 
I hear your shuddering voice
That you called at that time
OH! How can I enjoy? "



When all are shouting of joy
I heed the cacophonies of
The mother crying after her child
"Still you expect me to enjoy? "



"No! My dear child, no, 
I can never enjoy
this New Year night, 
I shall remember that you..
You laid down your life
For the nation as a sacrifice.
I won't celebrate this
New year night."



To the rest, 
"A very Happy New Year 
from my side."




No comments:

Post a Comment