Pages

Tuesday 6 January 2015

The Innocent Faces





“THE INNOCENT FACES”



The innocence on their faces could never be forgotten by our minds. The grieving and longing eyes of their mothers and desperate efforts to catch the sight of their lovely ones would never be appeased. They have taken the chairs in paradise but we as a nation has lost in darkness because of the ferocity of barbarians and apathy towards their security on our side.  Ferocity turned the smile on their faces into fright when raised their hands in horror and wilderness on the demand. Imagining their sporadic crying, running, falling, escaping for survival, when they always looked for warmth of their mothers’ hug, whenever they felt insecure or hurt a little was nowhere. They were vulnerable target of the ferocious attackers and no place for survival have torn my heart into pieces and have perforated my soul. Since that day, I see their faces all the time, my grief sees no limit. I know that they are happy in the heaven but what about me? The scar on my mind has taken me to the desert of grief and driven my sleep off, where I’m lost. In fact, I no more have any interest in worldly luxuries and feel no happiness. I cannot forget you, the little flowers of my garden. My happiness was because of you, my heart was beating because of you,  you were the  source of brightness in my eyes, now like a blind man and deepened eyes, I just find darkness everywhere around me. I have no reason to console myself; I’m embarrassed of myself that I couldn’t help you. I wish, if I could be instead of you in those horrific, blood-curdling and precarious moments and could stop that savagery to see you alive and happy. I wish, if I was instead of you ------ instead of you ------.   


How lamentable it is! When I visualize that your mothers must have been putting your rumpled beds and rooms into  order, where you had scattered your things, with the idea that you would come back  home and must have been about to prepare your lunch and other energetic drinks so that you would be served, after you being languished by curriculum activities . Though, they did not know that the deep rooted hatred had come into contact with the innocence. Your shoes, uniforms and your bags have been bedraggled with your sacred blood, while all these loved to be dusty and smudged with inks of your pens. 


While visualizing some of you playing, laughing and up-roaring, your noisy celebrations in the premises of school, some of you chatting with each other, some of you busy in jumbling and rumpling and some of you engrossed in studying at desks; your mischievous but lucid eyes, your frivolous activities sometimes in classrooms, twisted expressions on your faces after being admonished or punished a little. The naivety on colorful charts pasted on classrooms walls being used of dandling you, of your nugatory activities, of your small but heart- touching demands, of your hands and uniforms smeared with ink and your willy-nilly walk to school, all have turned our eyes wistful and engraved in our minds.


  Let me verbalize, when trees would start dancing to see your scampering and romping about under their shades, the leaves would start tinkling and jingling after being hit by your voices, the colorful flowers would start blossoming and would sprinkle fragrance over you, and in return would absorb innocence and daintiness after being touched and caught by your sight; are now gloomy, mortified, sad and broken by this wide-spread mortality and will surely deplore when won’t find you among the survived ones.


The roofs of your classrooms, always in habit of being proud of your ambitions, didn’t know that one day would see you taking your last breath mercilessly. The rampaged and perforated school where you would learn your lessons with curiosity would become a butcher house. The doors and windows, which you used for your classrooms were the last remedy of your survival and would become walls of martyrs. Your playground, in which you played, which would lighten up its burden and feel relaxation, now is hard-pressed with this heinous act of genocide.  


Daring-do of the exalted ones, laid their lives for dear ones and added another chapter of chivalry and virility in their profession, they sanctified their blood and are successful before their lord. But what about us! We are in great torment.



Tocsin has rung and we are like travelers in a desert, who receive smacks of slashing heat and sands in eyes but with holding their flag and bound to reach the destination in sandy storm by all means. 

                             

                                                

                 Written By: SaifullAh Afridi             

No comments:

Post a Comment