Pages

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Change - Poetry by Neelum Afridi




"Change"



These thorns,
that you have sown,
I will walk on,
to get the rose.



I will bleed,
hurting my feet,
I will sweep,
just like an eel.



I won't stop,
will clear the thorns,
will grow a rose,
of a new kind.



Because I'm a change,
I challenge this incline,
I reject this trace,
of smiles and laughter.



I choose to bleed,
I choose to change,
because I rebel,
to the customs which prevail.



I'm on this stony rail,
hurting myself,
forcing massive stones aside,
attiring myself.



Making a base,
for a change,
I'm the change,
Yes I am.



If you put me in jail,
or throw me in hell,
hit me with hand,
kill me with jibe.



But I'm the change,
remember I am,
I won't stop,
New foundation will sprout.



Because I'm the change,
I rebel,
I'll walk with pride,
as I know I'm right.



You may whisper,
those loose talks I hear,
I'm not deaf, neither blind,
I hear, I see.



Get hurt, may cry,
pains cut inside,
your eyes when I walk,
hit me like swords.



It bleeds my soul,
Ahh..!This blood will grow,
a rose with a fresh odor,
Oh! That will be the dawn,
As I'll bring on my own!




No comments:

Post a Comment